The Digestive/Excretory System is the human body system responsible for food digestion. Digesting what you eat, and drink is vital to supply your body with the nutrients (proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and water) needed for proper body functioning and health.
Daily, there are several Natural Ways to Improve Digestive Health available to you. If follow these simple digestion guidelines, you will make it easier for your Digestive System to work properly to supply the nutrients you need for healthy living.
12 Natural Ways to Improve Digestive Health
Simple guidelines/tips things that you can do to keep your Digestive/Excretory System healthy includes:
- High Fiber Diet: Eat a high-fiber diet since it makes the digestion process easier. Make sure you get both insoluble and soluble fiber. Read more on fiber.
- Water Intake: Drink ample of water to support cleaning your digestive tract and sip warm water after breakfast.
- Eating Habits: Try to follow eating pattern/schedule and eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks around the same time each day.
- Lean Meats: Choose lean meats source since they digest more easily and still provides the protein that makes up a healthy diet.
- Fatty Foods: Limit foods high fat fatty foods (French fries, potato chips, white bread, pastries, pizzas etc) since they slow down the digestive process.
- Vitamin C: Eat vitamin C enriched foods for stool softening and easier passing.
- Bad Habits: Get rid of bad habits such as overeating smoking, excessive alcohol/caffeine affecting the functioning of your digestive system.
- Regular Exercise: Exercise regularly enhances metabolism and improves our blood flow.
- Manage Your Weight: Maintain a healthy weight since if you are overweight it could result digestive issues.
- Get Rid of Stress: Having unhealthy stress could also cause constant digestive issues.
- Go When You Need To: Do not delay going to the toilet since may make the passage difficult.
- Add Probiotics in Diet: Probiotics are strains of beneficial bacteria that live in your digestive system. Probiotics assist in breaking down the foods you eat. Probiotics are found in kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut and kimchi.
Supplements to Improve Digestion
In addition to the Natural Ways to Improve Digestive Health, you can also consider supplements to improve digestion. Taking supplements to assist with digestion make sure that your food is broken down properly for best nutrition. Fiber Supplements and Supplements for digestive enzymes, digestive health, liver health and probiotics play a significant role in digestion.